KOL Foods - Glatt Kosher | 100% Grass-Fed Beef & Lamb |
Pastured Chicken, Turkey & Duck | Wild Alaskan Salmon
Est. Product Weight: 0 lbs.
Epic Herb Crusted Rib Roast
By This American Bite
for guest, Simon Majumdar, Iron Chef and Cut Throat Kitchen judge and author, on behalf of KOL Foods
5-6 lb standing KOL Foods beef rib roast
6 sprigs of rosemary, stems removed
2 sprigs of thyme
8 garlic cloves
1/4 cup of olive oil
4 tablespoons of Kosher salt (depends on whether you are using Kosher beef and your general salt preference)
2 tablespoons ground pepper
- Blend all the ingredients together (not including the roast) in a food processor. Reserve 2 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- Let the roast sit out on the counter for at least an hour so it will come up to room temperature. This is key when cooking any meat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the rib roast fatty side up and bone side down in a roasting pan or oven proof tray.
- Rub the herb, garlic oil mixture over the top and sides of the roast. Season the rest of the roast with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes at 450 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue to roast until desired doneness is achieved. Figure 20 minutes per pound for medium rare.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Carve and serve with a great olive oil