by Hadassah Milner
For the meatballs:
2 lbs KOL Foods ground lamb
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons olive oil
For the tomato sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 24 oz can diced / crushed tomatoes / tomato sauce
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Combine the meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Form into balls about one and half inches in diameter. (You can make them bigger but they will need more time to cook through).
3. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in large frying pan and add the meatballs.
4. Brown meatballs on all sides, about 4 minutes, turning several times.
5. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside.
6. To make the tomato sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat.
7. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
8. Stir in the tomatoes. Add salt and pepper.
9. Add the meatballs back to the pan and cover them with the sauce by turning them several times.
10. Cover the pan and cook an additional seven or eight minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through. Serve over rice.
24 meatballs – 8 servings