By Robert M Joppa
8 Lamb chops (shoulder or rib)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 ½ teaspoons dried, ground thyme
1 ½ teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup balsamic vinegar
½ cup honey
3 medium apples or pears, cored and sliced
1. Heat a large skillet very hot, add oil, and sear chops for about 1 minute each side. Then reserve chops on plate.
2. Drain excess oil from skillet and add all other ingredients except fruit mix well and bring to a boil. Now add the fruit and coat with liquid.
3. Turn down to medium heat and cook covered until fruit is tender (about 8-10 minutes). Remove and reserve fruit.
4. Coat chops in liquid and cook covered over medium heat for about 5 minutes, turning once.
5. Remove chops from skillet.
6. Drizzle sauce over chops and serve with glazed fruit.