Adapted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child
1 lb ground lamb
1 ½ cup minced onions
2‐3 tbs Olive oil or parve margarine (I used Earth's Balance)
2 cups bread crumbs (I toast old challah and run it in the food processor)
1 cup (or more) of lukewarm stock or canned beef bouillon
2 cloves pressed garlic
½ tsp of ground thyme (can use rosemary or sage if preferred)
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp allspice
½ cup minced parsley
1. Cook onions in oil or margarine slowly, until caramelized.
2. Soak bread crumbs in stock or bouillon for 5 minutes. If you have extra liquid, press it out before mixing with meat.
3. Place all the ingredients in mixing bowl and mix together.
4. Add a little cooking oil to pan and fry a little bit and taste.
5. Adjust seasonings as necessary. Fry rest of lamb patties and enjoy!