KOL Foods - Glatt Kosher | 100% Grass-Fed Beef & Lamb |
Pastured Chicken, Turkey & Duck | Wild Alaskan Salmon
Est. Product Weight: 0 lbs.
Pomegranate Barbecue Chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 onions, chopped
1 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons mustard (yellow or Dijon)
¼ cup pomegranate molasses (3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar plus 1 tablespoon pomegranate syrup)
2 tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 chickens, cut up into eighths
Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan. Sauté the garlic slices until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sauté the chopped onions in saucepan until translucent.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, pomegranate molasses, and honey to the onions. Add the cooked garlic. Mix the sauce well and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally until thickened.
- Lay out the chicken pieces in a roasting pan in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Thickly brush each piece of chicken with the pomegranate barbecue sauce.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30–40 minutes until juices run clear when pierced with a knife, or until a meat thermometer registers 160° F. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds.