3 lbs KOL Foods Wild Sockeye Salmon (about 2 fillets)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 Tsp kosher Salt
1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 Medium size Orange, thinly sliced
1 Medium size Lemon, thinly sliced
2 Large Fennel bulbs, julienned
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tsp kosher salt
½ Tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ cup white wine (Chardonnay)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425° F, place the fennel on a sheet pan and distribute evenly. Drizzle the fennel with the olive oil, salt and pepper and mix to coat thoroughly. Cook the fennel for 20-25 minutes, roasting until it is translucent or the fennel is cooked through and beginning to caramelize at the edges.
2. Remove the pan from the oven and pour the white wine over the fennel, deglazing the pan.
3. Lower the oven temperature to 375° F. Move the fennel to the sides of the sheet pan and place the salmon fillet in the center of the pan.
4. Drizzle the salmon with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Scatter the orange and lemon slices around the salmon.
5. Roast the salmon until it is opaque throughout, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and place the salmon on a serving plate with the fennel around the fish and citrus slices placed on the fish.