1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (2 1/4-pound) skinless salmon fillet
2 cups thinly sliced onion
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 6 ingredients; rub spice mixture evenly over fish.
- Place onion in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with oil.
- Place fish on top of onion; bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
12 ounces fresh baby spinach
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Add half of spinach; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining spinach; cook 4 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle spinach mixture with rind and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in juice; remove from heat.
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Place salmon on a platter. Arrange onions and spinach evenly around salmon. Sprinkle salmon with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.